Monday, April 29, 2013

Behaving as Myself; Impaired with a Loss of God's Power

Even though we try to cover it up, it's evident to our associations, when we have fallen from God's abundant life style. They may not realize that we're out of touch with God, but they can sense something different about us, usually reflected in our mental state. And most of the time, we don't realize it ourselves, "I'm just behaving as myself, and need to make things right."

Grace means that all of your mistakes now serve a purpose instead of serving shame.
…because He has a purpose. A purpose for your hurt, troubles, trials, failures, everything!

Courtesy of  King David, after the Father's heart… grace

From Galatians 5:4-10 MSG, The Message:

I suspect you would never intend this, but this is what happens. When you attempt to live by your own religious plans and projects, you are cut off from Christ, you fall out of grace. Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love.
You were running superbly! Who cut in on you, deflecting you from the true course of obedience? This detour doesn't come from the One who called you into the race in the first place. And please don't toss this off as insignificant. It only takes a minute amount of yeast, you know, to permeate an entire loaf of bread.

This experience has shown me how infective I am "behaving as myself" and how resourceful & wise I become when I'm led by the Holy Spirit.

Mind you: prior to this, I didn't realize just how far I had matured in the Lord, and how effective I had become in both my family and my business.

It all started when I had too much idle time last Thursday; I began feeling like I was a failure, acknowledging  and accepting negative thoughts that were piercing my mind. And once that fire got started, I found an abundance of fuel to keep it going.

It began to escalate into the difficulties I'm having at home, and eventually came forth in an email reply to one of our current clients - but behaving as myself, I felt justified. Part of this post, I sent to him a few hours ago, asked for forgiveness, and will call him tomorrow.

Sunday finally came, and I knew I would receive from church. It was prior to the service, that one of the elders and I were talking, when he mentioned patience. It was a one-word sermon for me. God continued to draw me back to him through the teaching, and throughout today, as well.

Naturally, this isn't the 1st time I fell for Satan's tactics, but God has implanted this into my mind more clearly now, and the next time I get an enemy attack, I know I'll be more suited to defend my standing in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment