Thursday, April 4, 2013

Here I Am, but Who Am I?

I think everyone should do some self evaluation, whether they are Christians or not. You should do this at least bi-monthly. And if you ARE a Christian, then even the more so.

First thing to evaluate, is, "Who am I?" This could lead to so many conflicting issues. But the true answer you should have, is: I am a child of God, saved by His sovereign grace. But yet, admit it - you may not believe this wholeheartedly. Most people, Christians or not, devaluate themselves, myself included.

But still, we all have our daily demands that reflect upon who we are, as we make choices accordingly. Every decision is based upon what we think we are. Who are you?

  1.  I am the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13).
  2.  I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
  3.  I am a child of God (John 1:12).
  4.  I am part of the true vine, and Christ's life flows through me (John 15:1, 5).
  5.  I am Christ's friend (John 15:15).
  6.  I am chosen by Christ to bear fruit (John 15:16).
  7.  I am Christ's personal witness sent out to tell everybody about Him (Acts 1:8).
  8.  I am a slave of righteousness (Romans 6:18).
  9.  I am a slave  to God, making me holy and giving me eternal life (Romans 6:22).
  10.  I am a child of God; I call Him my Father (Romans 8:14, 15; Galatians 3:26; 4:6).
  11.  I am coheir with Christ, inheriting His glory (Romans 8:17).
  12.  I am a temple - a dwelling place - for God.  His spirit and His life live in me (1 Corinthians 3:16 ; 6:19).
  13.  I am joined forever to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17).
  14.  I am part of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27).
  15.  I am a new person.  My past is forgiven and everything is new (2 Corinthians 5:17).
  16.  I am at peace with God, and He has given me the work of helping others find peace with Him (2 Corinthians 5:18, 19).
  17.  I am a child of God and one with others in His family (Galatians 3:26, 28).
  18.  I am  child of God and will receive the  inheritance He has promised (Galatians 4:6, 7).
  19.  I am a citizen of heaven seated in heaven right  now (Ephesians 2:6; Philippians 3:20).
  20.  I am God's building project, His handiwork,  created in Christ to do His work (Ephesians 2:10).
  21.  I am a citizen of heaven with all God's family (Ephesians 2:19).
  22.  I am righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:24).
  23.  I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3).
  24.  I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is my life (Colossians 3:4).
  25.  I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
  26.  I am a child of light and not of darkness (1 Thessalonians 5:5).
  27.  I am chosen to share in God's heavenly calling (Hebrews 3:1).
  28.  I am part of Christ; I share in His life (Hebrews 3:14).
  29.  I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Peter 2:5).
  30.  I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God (1 Peter 2:9, 10).
  31.  I am only a visitor to this world in which I temporarily live (1 Peter 2:11).
  32.  I am an enemy of the devil (1 Peter 5:8).
  33. I am a child of God, and I will be like Christ when He returns (1 John 3:1, 2).
  34.  I am born again in Christ, and the evil one - the devil - cannot touch me (1 John 5:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment