Friday, September 20, 2013

Prayer for Reliance on God to Practice Daily

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
(Matthew 11:28, NIV)

Freedom comes when you say, “God, I’m turning it all over to You. You know my desires and what’s best for me. I’m choosing to trust You today.”

The Battle Belongs to the Lord.

Daily we need to stop and be still so we can focus on knowing God, and realize His place in our daily lives. First thing in the morning, stop and say, “God, I rest in You. I know You have my world in the palm of Your hand.” Remember, our battles are spiritual battles. The people in our lives aren’t our enemies, the situations in our lives aren’t our enemies; the forces of darkness are. When you choose to be still and know that the Greater One lives on the inside of you, you are saying to the whole world, “I trust thoroughly in God. He is my Defender.” When you choose to believe in Him, you will enter into His rest. So go ahead, and allow yourself to enter into His rest. Remember to use your prayer language.

When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust in His guidance, you will live in peace, you will live in joy, and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for today.

Be aware this very moment, and throughout your day: The Battle Belongs to the Lord. As you are still before Him, as you tune out the distractions of the world and lean into Him, you will find rest and experience His victory and blessing for the entire day ahead of you.

"Father, I come to You now, seeking rest for my heart and mind. I choose to be still before You. Thank you Lord for the world you will lead me into today, as now I choose now to cast my cares on You. Unfold Your plans for me today as I keep my mind stayed on You. Speak to my heart so I can know You more. Fill me with Your peace as I put my trust in You for everything that happens today. In Jesus name I pray, Amen"

From Living By Faith Blog: Biblical, battle-tested, real-life help for "living by faith in the Son of God" (Gal 2:20).

How to Overcome Prayerlessness

No comments:

Post a Comment