Monday, July 21, 2014

Clap Along if You Feel Like...

 
Would you say that we all want to be happy? I'm pretty sure we all do! We strive for it, we pursue it, we work for it, and we live for it! We know it when we have it, and we know when we don't.

Clap Along if You Feel Like Jesus Makes You Happy

I came across this song today, Happy, that truly inspired me. I felt enthusiasm, and the desire to write this post...... lyrics and the continuation of my thoughts are below.





Happy, by Pharrell Williams, from Despicable Me 2

[Verse 1]
It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a breaky
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care, baby, by the way

[Hook]
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
(Because I'm happy)
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

[Verse 2]
Here come bad news, talking this and that (Yeah!)
Well, give me all you got, don't hold it back (Yeah!)
Well, I should probably warn ya, I'll be just fine (Yeah!)
No offense to you, don’t waste your time, here's why...

[Hook]

[Bridge] (x2)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high to bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down, I said...

[Hook x2 + Bridge + Hook x2]


Happiness is a Decision, and Being Happy is the Result of a Decision.

Happiness for the world, being an unfair place, eludes the majority. Do you have happiness in your life? I have more, and more often now since I rededicated myself to the Lord. Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do!

What does the Bible say about being happy? Quite a lot it turns out.
  • Happy are the people whose God is the Lord. Psalm 144:15
  • Happy is the man who obeys God and keeps His commands. Psalm 112:1
  • Happy is the man who is corrected by God. Job 5:17
  • To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness... Ecclesiastes 2:26
Basically, the bible is saying that those who love God more than money, power, prestige or the praises of men are happy.

I'm sure you've heard (spoken?) this before: "I will be happy if..."

As Aristotle said, "Men imagine the causes of happiness lie in external goods..." And this is what leads so many into sin: not realizing that happiness is a by-product generated by living right, or by being righteous. But righteousness, or the quality of being morally upright; without guilt or sin, isn't a quality we inherited. Neither can it be learned, or taught to us. True& incontestable happiness (by way of righteousness), comes ONLY through salvation, when we accept God's righteousness as if it were ours. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God - 2 Corinthians 5:21.

True happiness, however, isn't limited to just believers. But consistency and reassurance of happiness is more easily obtained through faith in God: God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God, and have more happiness.

Do you want MORE QUALITY happiness?

Accept God's free gift TODAY.
Pharrell Williams presents ”Happy” — the world's first 24 hour music video.
24 hours of happy, Facebook page
i am OTHER, created by Pharrell Williams
Wayne Clark's Happiness is a Decision

>> Think about it: how happy would you be if...

  • you would - Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice! Philippians 4:4
  • you knew that - God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19
  • you could - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7
  • you could - Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
  • you would just - Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalms 37:11

No comments:

Post a Comment