Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Releasing the Power of Faith in God

It was all working up to this point in my life, and then it became a reality for me on July 28, 2013. 

 Christianity is all about making improvements in our lives, and one subject it focuses upon, is removing the sins that so easily distract us, those things that produce negative results. From my last post: ...there's been a bunch of days where I felt defeated, experienced discouragement, and got depressed. Would I have been operating in total faith, these experiences would not, and could not happen. But I had conditioned myself to fall back into fear.



 So what if we were to commit ourselves toward feeding our faith, and relying on the promises God has documented? Would this generate a more desirable future for us? Is it possible within myself to realize this, and put it into action?

My pastor's message was Faith vs Fear.

 Here's what I learned:
  • Faith and fear are opposites; you cannot be in faith & fear at the same time.
  • Faith activates the LAW of life, fear activates the LAW of death.
    Romans 8:2 - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
  • Angels from both sides are ready to work, depending on which one you are operating through - your thoughts will be met.
    Hebrews 1:14 - Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
  • Faith comes by hearing, & fear comes by hearing - WHAT are you listening to?
    Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
  • If we have the mind of Christ, we can have no fear.
    1 Corinthians 2:16 - But we have the mind of Christ

Other verses he mentioned:

  • Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
  • 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
  • Joshua 1:9 - Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I yearn to be in God's will as much as possible, and realize these things CANNOT be compromised:

  • Pray in the morning
  • Pray whenever I remember, before doing ANY thing - bless food, ask for guidance, best choices
  • Read scripture (& newsletters) daily
  • Attend a good Bible based church regularly
What it amounts to, is realizing our position, being determined to make this change, trusting God will be true to what He says, and following through. Does this sound simple, doable, and something you would like to see happening in your life?

1 comment:

  1. From my daughter's Facebook wall: "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

    ReplyDelete