Monday, June 11, 2012

God Shows Himself to Me Again

Now that I have this blog, I can document all the times God talks to me, and shows His power.

Since coming back to God in January of 2012, I've witnessed a few episodes where God had to tell me something directly. The first one was when he spoke to me, telling me that I would never have to worry about making ends meet, and how that I am chosen to develop a perpetual motion magnetic energy generator, and that I will soon be very wealthy. The second time I witnessed God's power ... not just a feeling, an actual events, when He had me cast out a demon from my house in February. I posted a blog post here describing it.

The previous Sunday (May 27), God showed me that I was acting out of my ego for this new business. He wanted to let me know that it is HIS business, not mine, and the purpose of it is to serve His people. This lasted all day Sunday, and into Monday. That Monday, I went to the Salvation Army seeking utility payment relief. It was there that He spoke to me saying, "It's time you keep up with the group," meaning His chosen (for a certain designated task).


It's been a financially tough winter for me which is lasting through this spring. And I've been concerned - no, I've been FRANTIC!! Coming up to date, yesterday I looked into a prospective client's website to see why his search engine optimization was no longer working (I do web design and SEO). Being at a few analytics websites, I figured I'd check out my website and see if there was a problem there; quite the contrary: it shows that I have MORE visitors, and they're spending time there, too.


My insomnia presented itself to me Saturday night, and I missed church Sunday. When that happens, I tune into an internet sermon. It was Frederick Price, talking about tithing. Immediately I thought, oh boy, another plea for money. But this was different. Freddy talked about how we need to be TRUE tithers, not just when we have enough to spare. And we have to do it ALWAYS - never fail, unless we don't get paid. He went on to say that God doesn't automatically supply us with more than enough, but that He does allow enough for tithing. So now I am dedicated to be a true tither, and expect to see all my bills paid, all those things that I was fretting about, gone!

Malachi 3:8-11, from the sermon:
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment