Saturday, June 9, 2012

With the Lord, You Will Receive Success

When I came back to the Lord, I put together a MS Write Pad for verses that have great meaning to me. The first verse entered there was "Trust in the Lord with all my might and He shall direct my paths Lean unto Him also with thy understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." The Good News Translations says it as so: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the LORD in everything you do, and he will show you the right way."

This morning I awake to my Bible on my computer, with that same verse there. And I now see the difference between when I wasn't with the Lord, and now, as I am with Him.

What a shame it is that we not only lean on our own understanding, but we also take pride in it. And we are so blind to see that success equals favor in finances. Erma Bombeck said it this way, "Don't confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other." Yes, success is merely reaching a goal. "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome." Booker T. Washington

Do you have success in your life? Do you have God in your life? If you do, you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment